Tuesday 21 November 2023

Roots of the Jewellery - Necklace No.3

 In this necklace project, my inspiration was nature. 

The motifs of leaves, vines and toots used are the main outline. 

The idea behind this project was to place a natural stone in the middle of the leaves and vines, as if the stone was coming out from nature. The goal was to show the connection of natural stones with Mother Nature. 


I wanted my works to look the same visually. That's why the next sketch was also transformed in Photoshop into a papyrus background



In this case, I had to use Illustrator to separate the drawings and arrange them on the paper. In this way, I waned to make the design more transparent.



Here is what this project looks like in the end. 
I used green color stone- because I associate green with nature. And brown color for the leaves and roots as a symbol of the earth. 



Te first stone that come to my mind was labradorite. Personally, it looks to me as if someone closed a forest in it, along with rivers and mountains, The whole nature in one stone. That is why it couldn't be missing in my project about ethnic jewellery. 




References: 

Sedawie, R. (2023) Black labradorite: Meaning, properties and info, Chroma Gems & Co. Available at: https://chromagems.com/blog/gemstone-information/black-labradorite/ (Accessed: 21 November 2023). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...