Tuesday 21 November 2023

Roots of the Jewellery - Necklace No.2

 This project was inspired by "Princess Mononoke" by Ghibli Studio. 

My inspiration was the mask of the title character- Princess Mononoke. Her mask was combined with animal whitish fur. In my project, I combined the mask pattern with a leaf motif in he color of white-gray animal fur. Whit this treatment, I wanted to combine the fur color, i.e. the original motif from the animation, with the motif of nature- the shape of leaves.  

The sketch was made using the ink pen drawing method. 



Then I edited the sketch using Photoshop. Also in this case I use a ready-made images that resemble papyrus. Then I added my sketch and marge them into one image.

 




As I mentioned above, my motivation was the title character, or more precisely, her face mask. That's why in this project I used the same colors as originally.







The main addition in this pedant is Raw Clear Crystal. According to beliefs, it has a properties cleaning  effect on our mind, body, soul as well as objects and rooms.  Also called a neutralizer due to its ability to store energy.  ( Houston, 2020)



In this design, the necklace will be made of high-quality waxed cord and tied using macrame technique to give it an ethnic natural look. 

The final look of the project inspired by Studio Ghibli animation. 




References: 

Houston, D. (2020) Clear crystals: Meanings, properties and powers - the complete guide, CrystalsandJewelry.com. Available at: https://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/clear-crystals/ (Accessed: 21 November 2023).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...