Thursday 16 May 2024

Develop of 2D outcomes



    First, I use the Sketchbook application on my tablet to draw initial designs for a small makeup case and a tote bag. I try to sketch multiple concepts, exploring different shapes and features for both products ( can be seen in previous posts). After settling on a few solid ideas, I create more detailed drawings, focusing on proportions and key details.



    Then, I design and draw a small sign to be used as a background decoration (right picture). 


    Then, I experiment with different colour combinations. I apply these colour combinations to my designs in Sketchbook, creating mock-ups to preview the final product. I use a colour palette that reflects my fire team (orange and black) with natural cotton colours, which matches the materials I've already chosen for my designs. For the makeup case, I am also considering PU leather as a material.




    Next, using Photoshop, I start creating the final outcome. I add an American Robin with a White Oak leaf pattern to make the design more realistic and closer to the final look. I adjust the size of the pattern and place it in the correct position on the designs.



    For the last step in my digital design process, I use Illustrator to combine all the elements and also to create backgrounds for the final 2D outcome.


The final outcome for the tote bag and make-up case.

    
    In that step, the final move is transferring the design onto a linoleum block and cutting it. The next step will be to visit the final art print workshop and check how it looks after adding inks. 






    I really enjoyed developing the linocut technique. Although I cut my hand several times, I can see my progress and definitely want to continue with this technique even after finishing these projects. I love the unique vibe it brings to my 2D artworks. I can't wait to transfer these designs and see the final results.

    At this stage, it's hard to say what I would change. I think I'll be able to see what needs improvement once I see the results from both the linocut prints and the finished 3D outcomes. Maybe I need to add more detail or cut out something from the design, but I'll know that after I transfer my linocut to paper sheets/ materials.


1 comment:

  1. Can you add some reflection here Aleksandra? What techniques are going well? Have you changed anything? Overcome any challenges?

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...