Tuesday 21 November 2023

Roots of the Jewellery - Earrings

For the last design project I choose earrings. 

I want them to be a reflection of delicacy. The way the cord wrap around the stone and stainless steel accessories is very smooth, like the side of a river. 






At the same time the color I chose for them are very expressive: smoky red and green. Shades of red are associated with the colors that native people chose to pain their faces, Green symbolizes their strong bond with nature.  


Another important element is the addition of natural stone. In this case, I chose moss agate. The reason why i do that is because moss agate looks like the green from every place from the whole word was enclosed in it. Like the all the flora was locked in this stone.







References: 

Holmes, J. (2022) Native american face paint: War face paint, PowWows.com. Available at: https://www.powwows.com/native-american-face-paint-war-face-paint/ (Accessed: 21 November 2023).

Sedawie, R. (2023) Black labradorite: Meaning, properties and info, Chroma Gems & Co. Available at: https://chromagems.com/blog/gemstone-information/black-labradorite/ (Accessed: 21 November 2023).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...