Tuesday 31 October 2023

Building a webside creating Wix

 Today we learned about Wix. Then, we had to use it to create our own website. I chose one for myself from the already ready patterns. First, I decided to change the photos to match my jewelry project, which will be published there in the future. I chose one of my photos as the starting photo. I think it fits the context of the site quite well. I crop them using the editor available in the program's tools.





Then I changed the rest of the images on the website using images from Unsplash. I chose native-themed pictures because my jewelry designs have an ethnic character. This website has a very large variety of choices and, more importantly, using images from this website is completely legal. I think it's worth mentioning.



Once I changed that, I decided to change the font of the text. I chose a font called Kodchasan. I also changed the text size. This font is clear and transparent, which I consider an important aspect for the reader.




I also changed the shape of the vector art from a circle to a moon. I changed its size and color and added the name of my project - Roots Of The Jewellery - as text. However, I think I will put a logo there in the future.





Finally, I added a few sentences in the "about" section to explain the purpose of this page. This section is at the stage of creation, so I will systematically expand it. For my first attempt at creating a website, I think it was a very interesting and enlightening experience. Despite the intuitiveness nature of the program, many technical aspects took me more time than I imagined. However, I am convinced that with each subsequent attempt, the work will be faster and more effective.



2 comments:

  1. Please complete building your website before Thursday this week. When building your website, Please makes sure to take screenshots and document each step of the process with notes on what you did / why you chose each step

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your extra work this post is looking much better

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...