Friday 10 May 2024

First preparations for 2d outcome

    I chose to try linocut printing for my first 2D project. I carved out a design showing both the front and back of the apron. 


    Then, at the Fine Art Print Workshop, I mixed inks to create an orange colour, and then I added another ink to give it a translucent effect to make it look like fire in the background. I didn't mix the inks too well on purpose to get that effect. Finally, I used black ink on my linocut and printed it onto the background.


    In my AP2 class, my tutor introduced me to a technique using coloured tissues. I started with orange and pink colours, and then I decided to add green. It turned out to be a great idea because it gave the artwork a psychedelic 60s vibe. I also mixed purple ink with brown, but I didn't add enough purple, so it's barely visible. Nevertheless, I like the effect of all these colours together; it makes the work more interesting. However, I'm not entirely sure if it will work with the main colour combination I chose for the 3D pattern designs: orange and black. 


    I scanned all my final work, so here's how the final 2D outcomes look, including the two techniques for the background. 




    I chose to showcase this work as an example of not adding enough black ink. You can see on the top edges that there isn't enough black ink applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...