Friday 10 May 2024

3d Design Improvement

    At the sewing workshop, I intend to use a plotter cutter to cut my pattern from vinyl. To begin, I prepare the files in EPS format. Then, using the CorelDraw program, I flip the image as needed and proceed to print it using the plotter cutter machine. This ensures that the pattern is cut out with precision and accuracy. 
    I've never heard about this material or technique for turning a pattern into fabric before. The technicians at the sewing workshop suggested it's quicker and easier than embroidery, which I was considering. Embroidery involves complex software that would take more time to learn than I have available right now.


     The printing and cutting process is surprisingly fast, taking only a few minutes to complete. Once finished, the next step involved removing the pieces of the pattern that weren't needed. I decided to start with a leaf design and tested it on PU leather. The technicians weren't sure if it would adhere properly to PU leather, so I decided to test the material myself. After finishing the removal process, I took my leaf design and the material and used a heat press machine to combine the design with the material. The entire process took just 10 seconds at 150 degrees Celsius.


    
    That's the final outcome: the vinyl material adhered to the PU leather. The process was incredibly fast, so I'll definitely consider it for my 3D projects. The most time-consuming part was the removing, but overall, it's still a quick process.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...