Monday 6 May 2024

The process of creating a tote bag, small case and an apron as a 3D design.


    I started by finding free patterns online for the apron, small case and tote bag I wanted to make. I began by prepping patterns and materials for a small case. I decided to prepare three material options: natural cotton, grey cotton, and PU leather for added variety and choice. 
 




    Then, I moved on to preparing patterns for both the tote bag and aprons. After printing them on A4 paper, I carefully cut out the shapes. I chose a small size for the apron since it's commonly used and versatile for different activities. Once all the pieces were cut, I used clear tape to put them together. This made sure everything stayed in place while I worked on the project.





    For both projects, I used two material variations: natural cotton and grey cotton. Additionally, I created several material samples sized to fit the pockets of both the apron and tote bag. The next step will be to visit the sewing workshop and experiment with different techniques to create patterns on the pockets. One option I'm considering is using a pre-made linocut with oil-based inks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...