Thursday 4 April 2024

Wecome Post

Welcome!

    It is good to be back. Relatively rested (chicken pox was on a board) after the break between terms and now I am ready for new challenges and skills. Before the break, my lovely teacher borrow me the tools for a technique called Linoprint. I managed to create 3 of my own designs plus one already ready as a graphic found on Pinterest. I always want to try that drawing on the tablet. I must admit that it is more difficult than I thought, but I am not going to give up. I believe that if I give it more time, I will save it in the future. For example, because I can undo a move or change the color combination at any time. Also a convenient option to have all the tools and materials without having them physically. It gives you great opportunities to draw anywhere. I started my adventure with the free Sketchbook app.




    I created these simple sketches, then I did a little research on the linoprint technique. I must admit that it is a very relaxing activity. I want to develop this technique and hope to use it in my main project this semester.



    This term I will be post here about my next project for Art Portfolio 2. The teachers created a very interesting project for us. They came up with an imaginary city in which most of the buildings burned down during a tragic fire and many people lost their belongings. They even maked a video for us that showed was happened, it was very realistically. During this project, I plan to work in workshops such as a Sewing Workshop and a Fine Print Workshop. I also hope to improve my graphic skills.

    This time my task is to design a cradts for a Tuirist Centre. My assignment is to create a :

  • Keyring 
  • Rucksack bag design (one for adults and one for children)
  • 2 x T-Shirt Designs
  • An Apron
  • Tote Bag Design x 2
  • A Mug
   The experience from previous workshops has taught me that if I have a short deadline, it is better to do more research about the creation process and it is worth checking the availability of workshops. Referring to ceramics, which I couldn't do anywhere else except in the studio (for example, I couldn't use my home oven to bake), which really limited me at some point. Plus, students' classes during which the studio was unavailable to anyone else. This semester, I decided to pay more attention to it and choose materials and tools that make me more mobile during the creation process. I believe that this project will give me a lot of opportunities to work, improve my skills and I hope it will be good fun too.


1 comment:

  1. Great start, the lino cuts have a lot of potential. You could look at printing in different colours, maybe try them on samples of fabric you are thinking of using?

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...