Thursday 4 April 2024

Ideas generation

     This project gives me a lot of possibilities, in terms of materials and techniques. From the list I received, after consulting with the teacher, I received permission to remove the T-shirt design. Personally, I think that this is simply not my field and I wouldn't be as creative as I know I can be. 

    After consultations, we jointly agreed on the initial list:

  • keyring
  • mug/plate
  • tote bag
  • an apron
  • backpack/wall decoration
  • small pencil holder bag



    The drawing above shows my mind map. The first ideas that come to my mind after receiving the list. I was thinking about using colors and motifs that we received as recognizable/associated with our city that we are to renovate. These were very simple, quick sketches and a plan regarding the materials I could use and the studios that are available to us at DMU. I was thinking mainly about using the animals that we got: American Robin. I really like the color combination - dark gray with shades of orange and purple. I think this composition will be used in one of the projects. I also thought about combining the motif of another animal: Sperm Whale with the shape of the river that is on the city map. 

    Part of my project is cooperation with a graphic designer. Thats why I already contacted with Anhelina regarding an additional design for the city's team logo, I could use it in decorations for tourists and sports fans visiting our city.



1 comment:

  1. Some good ideas here, it would be good to see more developed drawings as you refine your ideas further.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...