Wednesday 28 February 2024

Third Ceramic Project: Progression


The third, and last, work is also getting closer to the final result. After the first firing (called bisque), the vase took on a delicate greenish colour, while the vase that did not have the underglaze applied took on a delicate orange shade. The streaked effect gave the whole thing an expressive effect. 


My next step was to highlight the texture. For this, I used orange oxide. Then, using a damp sponge, I wiped off the excess colour. Thanks to this process, recesses and reflections on the material were highlighted. The moth shape I obtained using ready-made stamps now looks like the old-simple image. The orange colour reminds me of the colour of caves, and the shapes of the insects look like primitive paintings. The whole thing took on a primitive look, which is satisfying because of the theme I chose - primitivism.






 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, this is looking like an ancient artifact. Your blog shows that you are experimenting and learning new skills every week.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...