Wednesday 28 February 2024

Second Ceramic Project: Progression

My second project at the burnout stage in the kilt took on a distinct blue colour. As it turned out, not all parts had been painted thoroughly, and in some places, there were visible spots of the raw colour of the ceramic mass (a shade of beige colour). This time I used clear glaze for glazing. 


Thanks to this treatment, I achieved a shiny effect without changing the colour. I chose the glaze from this type of effect due to the next process, which was the use of a product called Mother Of Pearl. It is a lustre, and that achieves a shine resembling a pearl-like visual effect. 


The consistency of the lustre is oily. Before applying it to ceramics, make sure that the brush is completely clean. It is then applied to glazed, fired ceramics. 


Once fully applied, you can see how the mirror darkens the blue colour. However, the final effect will be visible after the next firing. This time it will be fired at a lower temperature.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...