Thursday 11 January 2024

Initial Ideas generation (Crazy Eights)

To briefly explain the rules of Crazy Eights:

We divided the sheet of paper into eight parts. We had to draw a creative idea for each of them, no matter how absurd they might seem. We had two minutes for each idea. Our ideas consist of places, colors, shapes, and materials that inspire us. An interesting way to draw out ideas at some point that might be criticized or even rejected, with more time to analyze them. With only 2 minutes, our minds didn't have time for it. Through this form of entertainment, we were forced to think creatively.



During eight two-minute rounds, ideas such as floral patterns, a set of ceramic dishes, a meadow motif, an insect motif, jewelry with insect motifs, and strange shapes of vessels were created in my head. Ideas such as meadows, floral and insect motifs, various shapes of vases, vessels, and jewelry motifs appeared in my head.


I chose the meadow motif as the main one for my further search for inspiration. This led to ideas such as:

Vases with floral motifs that are reflected on the ceramic mass or glued to it, create a more 3D effect.
Jewelry in which eared flowers would be immersed in various organic forms.
The motif of the wing of a flying insect, for example, a dragonfly, is the main shape motif.
Bearings whose main shape is the wing of a dragonfly 
An irregularly shaped stick with macrame flowers and weaves depicting a tree combined with a meadow motif.
A decoration for a children's room, a circle on which decorations with motifs such as bees, flowers, and pompoms in the colors of nature would be hung.
Necklaces with leaf motifs and weaves imitating interconnected roots. Brown, beige, and shades of green colors.

Some ideas were immediately rejected by me, but some of them I find quite interesting. As I continue to research and look more closely at each of them, I think I will find what I am looking for. Even if I don't use all of them, I hope that at least some parts of them will be useful in the main project.

1 comment:

  1. Good explanation of the task. Could you add a little more about the ideas that you had and do you think any of them are worth investigating? Did you choose one or two to develop further?

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...