Friday 6 October 2023

Sequence Images

     The first task in Digital Art classes was to take a sequence of photos of an object that we found interesting. During the class the tutor showed us the rule of three and how important composition is in photography.  




What is the rule of three in the photography?
Basically, the idea is to divide the frame using lines into 3 equal parts (relative to the longer and shorter sides), which results in 9 equal parts. In places where these lines intersect, the so-called strong points of the image. Placing important photo elements in them increases their visual attractiveness. (digital-photography-school.com 2023 )


I took a sequence of photos with my iPhone 12 pro. Also I used a small lightbox and a grey background. I want to show the process of changing the color of coffee when I adding the milk to it. 


After that I use a YouCam Perfect App and Canva App to edit my photos. I use tools to crop my photos and add black background. After that I add text with the name of my work and personal details. 

This is the result of my work.




It was an interesting experience working with phone camera. I thing the next time I would pay more attention with adding milk. On the other hand, the spilled milk add extra texture to the photo. 


References

Rowse, D. (2023) Rule of thirds in photography: The essential guide, Digital Photography School. Available at: https://digital-photography-school.com/rule-of-thirds/ (Accessed: 09 October 2023).





1 comment:

  1. The contact sheet should have all your original images and then the final images should have been completed with title on Pixlr or similar. Good work on the rule of thirds at the beginning and good start on practice.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...