Friday 6 October 2023

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! 


    My name is Aleksandra and I am a student of DMUIC located in Leicester. My goal is to study a Crafts Design in the next academic year.  I hope to by using this blog as an inspiration but also for sharing my personal progress. I really enjoy making some crafts in my spare time. I enjoy doing things with my own hands, adding different things, mixing different styles, textures together. Just enjoin the process. 


I really like to share the part of my favorite Ghibli production. It was made in 1997 by Ghibli studio in Japan. The "Princess Mononoke" was mostly hand-drawing by Hayao Miyazaki but in approximately ten precent of the film used a computer animation.  The "Princess Mononoke" was the first animated feature film in Japan who won the Japan Academy Award for Best Picture. (www.jcablog.com 2019)

    Miyazaki's works are characterized by the recurrence of themes such as humanity's relationship with nature and technology, the wholesomeness of natural and traditional patterns of living, the importance of art and craftsmanship, and the difficulty of maintaining a pacifist ethic in a violent world. (www.lifeandsoulmagazine.com 2017)



I am interested in Austrian artist Gustav Klimt (14 July 1862- 6 February 1918). I like his creative freedom, limitations and paintings full of rich expression the era that he created. He was the one of the founders of the Vienna Secession that has separated itself from the applicable norms, rules and traditions in art. 

Gustav Klimt’s 1905 painting, The Three Ages of Woman, portrays the different stages of female life. The painting features three women: a mother and her infant, a young woman in her prime, and an old woman on the verge of death. This painting is symbolic and allegorical at its core. It represents the cycle of life that every woman goes through (www.wikiart.org 2023 ).


References

Klimt, G. (1970) The three ages of woman, 1905 - Gustav Klimt, www.wikiart.org. Available at: https://www.wikiart.org/en/gustav-klimt/the-three-ages-of-woman-1905 (Accessed: 06 October 2023).

Says:, R.M. (2020) Hayao Miyazaki: Exploring the themes of the director’s magical anime, Life & Soul Magazine. Available at: https://lifeandsoulmagazine.com/2017/01/29/hayao-miyazaki-exploring-the-themes-of-miyazakis-magical-anime/#:~:text=Miyazaki%E2%80%99s%20films%20contain%20recurrent%20themes%20like%20the%20battle,relationship%20with%20nature%20and%20technology%2C%20environmentalism%2C%20and%20politics. (Accessed: 06 October 2023).

Syversen, R. (2023) Princess mononoke: Anime review: Japanese Cinema Archives, JCA. Available at: https://www.jcablog.com/post/princess-mononoke-film-review (Accessed: 06 October 2023).








1 comment:

  1. Good start on your blog and some interesting pieces of work - well done on the references and citation

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...