Wednesday 22 May 2024

2D Final Results

    I decided to simplify my lino print to just one pattern because I believed it would be clearer, especially since I wasn't satisfied with how the orange leaf looked on the bird's bottom part. After cutting the new pattern from Lino, I decided to mix two colours - black for the bird and orange for the leaf - on one linoleum block. However, it comes out to be more difficult than I thought. The orange didn't turn out the way I wanted, and in trying to remove spare black ink from the leaf, I accidentally smudged some ink from the bird's head. Since I didn't have much time or skill to solve the problem, I just printed everything in black.
   I picked this pattern for my portfolio homepage and tote bag design. I also made smaller versions for a makeup bag and apron pocket by cutting them from the linoleum block.

 

    I tried to make my background better with watercolours, thinking of a fire-like style. But it seemed like there was too much going on back there. So, I decided to try again with lighter colours that still fit the fire theme.





    In the end, the second watercolour background seemed too light, so I decided to give it another shot using the Fine Art Print Workshop and the monoprint technique. This time, I experimented with adding more colours instead of just one. I used the roller differently to create irregular traces, giving it a more textured look.



The final 2D outcomes: 




    After experimenting with mixing ink colours, I realized it can be challenging, but I'm confident that with practice, I can improve the colour palette for my future designs. Printing is a slow process, requiring patience to ensure each step is done right. Rushing can lead to mistakes, so it's important to slow down and pay attention to every detail. I see mistakes as chances to grow and build up my skills for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...