Thursday 11 April 2024

Developmentof Ideas with visual reaserch


    As part of my developing of ideas, I focused on a part of the motif that I intend to transform into a pattern and make it using the linocut method. Then I will place it on selected parts of my projects, or all of them. This part is still in process, it will probably come out later. I decided to focus on the white oak tree, American Robin and Mountain Laurel motifs. I tried to combine them in various ways, the results of which are presented below.



Then I transferred the simple sketches to Illustrator, where I could make more colour options. Using ready-made graphics, I recreated the sketches, trying to keep them as simple as possible. I then transferred the simple sketches to Illustrator, where I could make more colour options. Using ready-made graphics, I recreated the sketches, trying to keep them as simple as possible.









Then I turned them into black-and-white versions. I wanted to see what they would look like in monochrome. I wanted to have visual options in case I didn't have enough time or the process of using multiple colours turned out to be too difficult for me.








1 comment:

  1. Some good design development work here. Try using some of your own drawings in the designs. Perhaps it would be easier to work with a self contained motif? This way you could use it as a single design or play with repeating patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...