Tuesday 16 April 2024

Colours inspiration board

This is what my colour inspirations board looks like. I mainly use elements of nature that are associated with Cromwell.

To create the drawings, I used a digital app - Sketchbook. Then I transferred them to the Illustrator and arranged them on a piece of paper in a combination that I considered clear. In the next step, I used the Elipse Tool and created circles that I filled with the colours from the drawing.







The last stage was to transfer the finished graphics to Photoshop. I used a graphic I found on Unsplash as the background. Then I created another Layer with graphics from Illustrator. Finally, I added captions to each drawing to make the entire graphic more obvious for someone who had no idea what elements from the natural world were associated with Cromwell/New Cromwell. 


I've decided to use orange and grey in my designs, inspired by the American robin. Also, the fiery orange will be the background motif for all my work. I want to make art about how a fire that destroyed a city led to it becoming stronger afterwards, without forgetting its past.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...