Monday 12 February 2024

Experimantations


Experimentations part. 

During the lessons from AP1, I was supposed to do a few colour experiments. I decided to use a few different materials for it. I use a watercolour, soft pastels and crayons. Firstly, the version with crayons didn't look good, and I considered that part a failure. The soft pastel looks nice, I smeared them and used a soft white pastel to make the colour more delicate. The last one I used was watercolours. First I used blue/green, and after it dried I applied pink. As quick experimental sketches go, I think most of them turned out satisfactory. The combination of blue and blue transitions makes a pleasant eye impression.

The final results. 
Since I considered the version drawn with crayons as a failure, I decided to play with it a bit and add watercolours as another layer. Surprisingly, it turned out really well in the end. 

Crayons + Watercolours 
Watercolours
Soft Pastels
Watercolours


I used my Fine Art Print workshop introduction as a practice experimentation. I used only two colours because there was a time limit and I wanted to practice as many combinations as I could. I also used a spirit-based cleaning substance to create the effects.



The final effects surprised me. I want to take one day to go to the Fine Art Print workshop and pay more attention to mixing colours similar to the works from the Impressionist era, which I chose as inspiration for my designs.





 

1 comment:

  1. You are making the most of the facilities available to you, building skills in many disciplines, how are you thinking of incorporating these into your project?

    ReplyDelete

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...