Sunday 25 February 2024

Research: Target Audience

 




My target audience will be mainly people from the Millennials and above. Since my ceramic designs are mainly home decorations, my recipients will be people who have their own homes or are just buying them and want to decorate them. 


As statistical data (statista.com) show in the UK, in recent years the average age range of people buying houses has been 29-32. Statistical information shows that it can be assumed that everyone over the age of 32 owns their own home. This is the group of people he is looking for for his projects.

Trends for 2023/24
My works are handmade, and my target audience will be people who appreciate this type of work. According to Lasers (2023), handmade ceramic decorations are back in trend. The fact that these are handmade works and cannot be reproduced twice makes them unique and adds character to the interior design. Also, due to the insect motif I chose and the primitive period, my audience is limited to people who want to decorate their home space in this way. My decoration designs would work well in a house decorated in a rustic or boho style, I think that a minimalist vision of the interior would also work in this case. Home decoration trends for 2023/2024 also include motivating nature and colours inspired by nature. I believe that my ceramic decorations are suitable for these trendy frames. 

Also, the fact that the materials which I create come mainly from recycling and are environmentally friendly puts them in a good light for people who care about the planet (J.J,.I. Manas, 2023). This distinguishes them from mass productions, which are imported (mainly from China) and sold for small amounts. People are becoming more aware of the consequences of consumerism and cheap, recycled items, not only in the decoration area.



Reference List: 


Lasers, B. (2023). Decoration trends 2024 ➡️ What’s popular? [online] Mr Beam Lasers. Available at: https://www.mr-beam.org/en-gb/blogs/news/decoration-trends-2024 [Accessed 26 Feb. 2024].

Smith, A. (2023). 2023 Interior Design Trends: Nature-Inspired Looks Are In - RealRender3D. [online] www.realrender3d.co.uk. Available at: https://www.realrender3d.co.uk/2023-interior-design-trends-nature-inspired-looks-are-in/ [Accessed 26 Feb. 2024].

Manas, J.J.I. (2023). 9 recycling trends to look out for in 2024 - Plastic Bank. [online] plasticbank.com. Available at: https://plasticbank.com/9-recycling-trends-to-look-out-for-in-2024/ [Accessed 26 Feb. 2024].


WMW. (n.d.). WMW | Plastics recycling market set to grow big. [online] Available at: https://waste-management-world.com/resource-use/plastics-recycling-market-set-to-grow-big/ [Accessed 26 Feb. 2024].

Statista Research Departamen (2024). British first time home buyers: average age in 2011-2021. [online] Statista. Available at: https://www.statista.com/statistics/557901/first-time-home-buyers-average-age-united-kingdom/#:~:text=Since%202011%2C%20the%20average%20age [Accessed 26 Feb. 2024].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...