Thursday 15 February 2024

Ceramic Workshop: Samples


At this stage of working with my samples, I used water and a sponge to even out their structure and make them look more professional. Since these are samples, I could easily practice this part of the process without fear of messing something up.

The changes may not be very visible in the photos, but when touching the object and when looking closer, the difference is noticeable.

Unfortunately, one of my samples broke during this process. However, it showed me where the strength limit of the ceramic material is after drying when it is no longer so flexible. The conclusion I have drawn from this situation is that in the final project, I will definitely not cut so much clay to create a pattern. The smoothing process was very pleasant and relaxing, while also teaching me the next stage of ceramic processing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...