Wednesday 25 October 2023

Major Project: Initial Ideas

As my first project, I decided to create hand drawing works of 4-6 ethnic jewelry designs that I will use in my portfolio. For my first inspiration I choose work of Andrew Smith Jewellers. I choose his work because I really like the fact that he adds natural stones in his work, because I also want to use them in my projects. I also admire the minimalist style in is work. 







Next inspiration for my jewelry project will be work of Ruby Sparrow Design. What is really helpful in this artist's work is the fact that they are have jewelry in many different creation techniques. One of the techniques used by them is the micro macrame technique. In my project, I intend to use this technique to design ethnic jewelry., because it gives many color possibilities. 


Ruby Sparrow Design Macrame Necklace


My last inspiration are jewelers made by Karuni. The company's designs are beautiful in their simplicity. Geometric figures and delicate ethnic signs are what I am looking for in my designs. 

All these work are very inspiring to me. I am going to connect the idea of colors with natural stones. I think that combining all of this with geometric figures will give me a interesting effect. I will definitely try to include this one in my work.  As a result, I would like to archive jewelry that gives an ethnic, maybe slightly bohemian vibe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection: Art Portfolio 2

     In Art Portfolio 2, I learned techniques for developing ideas. The classes showed me how to evolve,  my ideas, and change and improve ...